Bucas Irish Turnout Extra
As low as $121.21
Bucas Irish Turnout Extra
The Bucas Irish Turnout Extra is a 300 grams lined winter rug, which is easily combined with the Select Quilts or Select Coolers for those colder winter days. The rug features an overlapping chest section with an innovative magnetic seal next to the Click 'n go system with a magnetic Snap-lock closure, integrated shoulder pleats for optimum mobility and a proper classic fit, with a comfortable front padded with Soft-nylon which prevents chafing, elastic leg girdles and a tail flap. The outer fabric of the rug is made of breathable and completely waterproof 1200 denier ripstop. The inner lining is made of smooth nylon. A nice winter rug by itself, and suitable for temperatures of +5°C to +12°C.
This rug can be combined with the Select Quilts and Cooler:
- Bucas Select Quilt 150 Stay-dry with a 150 grams lining and Stay-dry fleece, effectively a winter rug and sweat rug in one;
- Bucas Select Quilt 150 Silk-Feel, offering you the effect of a winter rug which is suitable for temperatures up to -5°C;
- Bucas Select Quilt 300 Silk-Feel, offering you the effect of a winter rug which is suitable for temperatures up to -10°C.
These inner rugs are equipped with cross ties and can also be used as stable rugs.
- Bucas Power Cooler Single layer Stay-dry fleece;
- Bucas Power Cooler Full Neck Single layer Stay-dry fleece;
- Bucas Competition Cooler Single layer Stay-dry fleece upper and Mesh lower;
- Bucas Panel Prize Cooler Single layer Stay-dry fleece.
This rug can also be combined with the Combi Neck. This is available separately.
The rug displayed on the image doesn't include the mask/neck.
For (smaller) sizes and other advice/information, refer to the information below and our size chart.
The recommended use based on temperatures of all Bucas rugs is a guide to come to the right choice of rug. There are a number of factors that may require a deviation from the recommended use, including shearing, humidity, wind, condition and age or race of the horse.
Refer to the image below for temperatures.
|Rug inner lining||Smooth Nylon|
|Rug Type||Winter Rugs|
|Rugs singles||Cross Singel|
|Rug Neckpiece||No Neck|
Maintenance of your horse rugs
In principle, you can simply wash your rugs in the washing machine at 30 ° Celsius, but with each wash you can check the waterproofness of your blanket. Washing once out of need is not a problem, but regular washing is not recommended. Would you like to wash the blanket more often? Or just clean your blanket extra well? Then bring it to a special horse blanket laundry. These are specialized in washing and cleaning horse rugs. They use special detergents and impregnation agents to keep your blanket nice and waterproof. Do you prefer to do it yourself but do not you dare to touch the washing machine? Then use some lukewarm / warm water without soap and gently brush off the dirt with a soft brush after soaking in water. The best thing is if you can hang the blanket to dry in the sun. This way you prevent the lining from accumulating in a lump.
This is of course not the case with fleece rugs, stall rugs, fly rugs, eczema rugs and rugs. These rugs are in fact not waterproof. You can wash these rugs in the washing machine at 30 ° Celsius.
- In connection with allergic reactions to washing, do not use any or only special detergents. Never use standard soap and / or detergents.
- Hang the rugs well to allow them to dry properly. This way you prevent the lining from accumulating in a lump.