QHP Shetland saddle
Children's saddle complete with girth, stirrup leathers and stirrups. Ideal for little riders, who can saddle up their pony themselves with this lightweight Shetland saddle. At the front a handle that they can hold on to. The saddle is also provided with a ring at the rear to which a tail strap can be attached.
- Plastic children's saddle;
- Complete with aluminum stirrups, nylon stirrup leathers and a nylon girth with buckles fitted with rollers;
- The saddle is equipped with cushions that are adjustable with Velcro;
- Saddle length: 29 cm, seat length: 21 cm (Note, this saddle is treeless and does not have an inch size);
- The front has a handle;
- The back has a ring to which the tail strap can be attached.
Maintenance of your leather horse saddle
when you have bought a new leather saddle, the leather can be stiff. It is important not to immediately grease a new saddle with leather grease. With a new product, the leather is still untreated and the pores are still open. When you immediately use fat, you block the pores and the leather remains stiff.
It is better for the leather to first deal with leather oil. This is best done by using a brush to oil your saddle well. Make sure that you handle the entire saddle and that the oil retracts well. For the best result, you can let the oil drain overnight. The next morning you can brush the saddle with a dry (tea) cloth. After brushing it is possible to grease the leather. This way you close the pores while the oil is in it. This way the leather of your saddle stays nice and supple for a long time.
With all leather products, you should clean and take care at least once a month with regular use. The proper maintenance of the leather ensures that the product lasts longer. Alternation of leather grease and oil is recommended. If you drive a lot in the open air or use the saddle very intensively, we advise you to do this more often.
1 Release all the closures and disassemble the entire halter or bridle. Use a dry cloth or brush (do not use a brush with very hard hair) to remove any sand or larger pieces of dirt.
Choose a suitable leather soap (or spray) and clean all loose parts well. Do not use too much water because this can make the leather stiff and this is not good for the stitching. After this step let the leather dry well, this goes best at room temperature.
Now that the leather is dry, you can get started with leather balm, grease or a conditioner. Use grease during normal maintenance. When the leather is very dry you can use the best oil. Rub the product well with a soft cloth (use a brush with oil). The end result will be better if you rub it in well.
Then allow it to penetrate well and spread it with a clean dry cloth. Take care that this cloth does not fluff. When you are done with this and the care product is completely absorbed in the leather, you can reassemble the halter or bridle.
- Store leather products in a well-ventilated and dry room. It is not bad when it gets cold, this can not hurt for leather.
- If you treat your bridle one day before use, give the maintenance product sufficient time to withdraw.
- Do not allow bacteria to damage the leather by properly cleaning your bridle / saddle (sweat residue) and the bit (foam residue) after use.
- For a new leather product, first treat with leather oil and then with leather grease, otherwise you lubricate the leather pores and both agents can not properly handle the leather.
- Only use leather care products for real leather. Artificial leather, patent leather and leather with a plastic layer can thus be damaged.
- When a leather product is decorated with stones, you should only take this part with a damp cloth.
About Quality Horse Products
Since 2005, it has been our mission to add color to the horse world and to contribute to the fun you experience with your horse. All our products are designed and developed from our love for horses and equestrian sports. We are proud that these products are part of the everyday life of riders and horses all over the world. Our style is best described as colorful and fashionable.